Home-Start Deeside is your local Home-Start organisation. At the heart of our charity is the belief that parents have the key role in creating a secure and happy environment for their children. It’s just that sometimes they need a bit of help. That’s where Home-Start comes in.
If you would like to get home visits, or would like to volunteer, give us a call today on 01330 824 443 and speak to our friendly staff.
Home-Start Deeside's family visiting volunteers will visit a family in their own home usually once a week for a few hours to offer support.
Our volunteers help parents going through difficult times including:
- Friendly support through difficult times for as long as it is needed.
- Understanding that when bringing up children, problems are not unusual.
- Reassurance, all parents can sometimes feel overwhelmed. You are not alone!
- A listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.
- An extra pair of hands volunteers are not baby-sitters or home-helps but can offer you practical help with the children and daily routines.
- Reduce isolation access to groups in the community.
- Emphasising the positive aspects of family life.
We offer local support at our Groups for Home-Start Deeside, Alford and Strathdon Families.